Whether you are a recent college graduate or a seasoned veteran, you should know what to say on an interview. Recently I was coaching a young man who was just graduating from college. He asked, “How do I respond when the Hiring Manager says, do you have any questions?”
Anticipating interviewer’s questions is not an easy thing to do. These 7 questions will help you demonstrate that you are a serious job candidate and you value the opportunity. Here is some guidance on what to say:
1. What exactly does this company value the most, and how do you think my work for you will further these values?
2. What kinds of processes are in place to help me work collaboratively?
3. In what area could I best contribute to your team?
4. What’s the most important thing I can accomplish in the first 60 days?
5. Can you give me some examples of the most and least desirable aspects of the company’s culture?
6. Am I going to be mentored?
7. How will you judge my success? What will have happened six months from now that will demonstrate that I have met your expectations?”
If you need more help preparing for an interview contact me at www.dubeconsulting.com
P.S. Always follow up with a thank you note within 24 hours!