According to Oprah-recommended author Eckhart Tolle, in his best-seller “A New Earth, Awakening To Your Life’s Purpose,” everything we do should be with acceptance, enjoyment, or enthusiasm. This can be hard to do when engaged in a long job search, when you are not where you want to be, and when you are worried about finances, etc.
While a job search can be a nearly full-time job, worrying should not be something you do all the time. Here are some tips to help you get through the week with less worry, stress, and physical suffering:
1) Start off your day with affirmations that match your life and your goals. Something like: “I am a great mother and wife, and I’m happy and healthy, and the perfect job for me is coming soon, I am ready to receive it.”
2) Every morning, make it a point to be grateful for what you have, possibly while chewing on a nice healthy breakfast of oatmeal, brown rice cereal, sourdough bread with apple butter, or homemade vegetable soup with noodles.
3) Take a :15 walk in the morning and afternoon, to keep up your spirit, calmness, and flexibility. This is really the perfect weather for it now, so take advantage!
4) Do something enjoyable every day, perhaps after you’ve accomplished your main goal for the day. Maybe you’d like to call an old friend, read some of your favorite book, or shop for that dress you need.
5) If you find yourself holding your breath, or breathing shallow, take a few minutes to deepen your breathing, and go to your happy place.
Most of all, remember, you are successful NOW, and you are open to serving people wherever you go. That new project or job is just around the corner, so don’t worry, be happy!